Data protection information
Data protection and liability limitation
Data Protection Policy
SIGNUS Medizintechnik as operators of these sites takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. We treat your personal data confidential and in accordance with the statutory regulations. With this Data Protection Policy, we inform you about the processing of your personal data by us as well as your inherent rights in accordance with the stipulations of the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
By using our website, you agree to the collection, processing and usage of data based on the following description. Our website can principally be visited without registration. In the process, data such as accessed sites and/or names of the accessed file, data and time are stored on the server for statistical purposes without this data being able to be allocated directly to your person. Personal data, particularly name, address or email address, are raised on a voluntary basis, if possible. The data is not transferred to third parties without your consent. The acknowledgement of the usage conditions can be revoked at any time.
1. Who is responsible for data processing and whom can I contact?
Controller: Signus Medizintechnik GmbH
D – 63755 Alzenau
Phone: +49 (0) 6023 / 9166 - 0
Managing Director: Uwe Siedler
Contact data of Data Protection Controller
Signus Medizintechnik GmbH
Data protection controller
D – 63755 Alzenau
Phone: +49 (0) 6023 / 9166 - 0
Responsible supervisory authority:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht (BayLDA) Promenade 27 91522 Ansbach
Phone: +49 (0) 981 / 53 – 1300
2. Which sources and data do we use?
We process personal data received from your when you visit our website, in the context of an existing or initiating business relationship as well as at trade fairs and other contacts, if you participate in promotions or contact us via social media channels.
Data processed by us in this context can concern the following categories:
• Contact information (e.g. name, address, phone number, email address);
• Business-related information (e.g. title, division, company name);
• Other business information (e.g. experiences with our products, information in the context of complaints):
• Data of payment transactions (bank account, if applicable credit card information, invoice address):
• Shipping information (delivery address incl. contact person);
• Substantial information from the communication via social media channels (e.g. comments);
• Applicant data in the context of applications lodged online;
• Other information raised and stored in the context of the business relationship.
3. What is the purpose and underlying legal basis of our processing of your data?
Objective of the company is the research and development as well as the distribution and trade of and with medical devices, apparatuses and devices of any type, with surgical instruments and medical consumer goods and consumables.
GDPR demands a legal basis for any processing of personal data. The legal basis for the processing your data is that
a) we have received your consent for it,
b) it is necessary to fulfil the contractual agreements concluded with you,
c) the processing is necessary to comply with statutory obligations,
d) the processing is in our legitimate interest and that this does not create disadvantages for the rights and freedoms of the affected person.
Signus Medizintechnik GmbH requires a series of personal data from your to process these business relationships. We hereby observe the principle of data minimisation and only process data concordant with the current legislation. This may involve:
• data to process the agreements concluded with you;
• information collected in the course of a business relationship; e.g. for the use of our products;
• data generated in the context of advertising campaigns or at trade fairs;
• statistical data recorded by visiting our website;
• data we received from you in the context of a job application.
4. Who receives your data?
The respective employees of our company involved in the supervision of our business relationships have access to your personal data recorded and stored for these purposes.
In the context of the business relationship, data is transferred to public authorities in the event of outranking statutory regulations. If the fulfilment of the agreement requires the engagement of external service providers, the transfer of this data is also subject to the regulations of GDPR, particularly Article 28 GDPR "Processor".
Signus Medizintechnik GmbH does not sell personal data to any external parties.
5. Is the data transmitted to a third country or an international organisation?
Data we have received directly from you in the context of our business relationship are never transferred to countries outside of the EU and/or EEA without your permission unless it is necessary to execute your orders and statutorily prescribed.
6. How long is your personal data being stored?
We process and store your personal data as required for the fulfilment of our contractual and statutory obligations. Once this data is no longer required for the fulfilment of contractually or statutory obligations, they are deleted.
If data is not affected by this, it is deleted as soon as the purpose for which they were raised no longer exists.
7. Which rights according to the Data Protection Act do you have?
Each affected person has
• the right of information according to Article 15 GDPR,
• the right to rectification according to Article 17 GDPR;
• the right of erasure according to Article 17 GDPR,
• the right to restriction of processing according to restriction of processing according to Article 18 GDPR,
• the right to objection according to Article 21 GDPR as well as
• the right to data portability according to Article 20 GDPR.
For the right of disclosure and erasure, the limitations according to §§ 34 and 35 BDSG (Federal Data Protection Act new version) apply. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint at a responsible Supervisory Data Protection Authority (Article 77 GDPR in connection with § 19 BDSG new version).
You can revoke the granted consent for our processing of your personal data at any time. This also applies for revocation of declarations of consent granted us prior to the application of GDPR, thus prior to 25 May 2018. Please note that the revocation only takes effect for the future. Processing which occurred prior to the revocation is not affected.
8. Are you obligated to provide data?
In the context of our business relationship, you only have to provide personal data required for the establishment, execution and termination of the business relationship or those we are required to raise by law.
Without the data it is possible that you cannot utilise offered service at all or only in a limited manner, or that we may have to decline the conclusion of the agreement or the execution of the order or that we are no longer able to execute an existing agreement and may have to terminate it.
9. To which extent are automated decisions made in individual cases?
In order to establish and execute the business relationship, we principally do not use automated individual decision-making according to Article 22 GDPR
10. To which extent is your data used for profiling?
We principally do not perform profiling according to Article 4 (4) GDPR.
11. Adaptation of our Data Protection Policy
We reserve the right to revise this Data Protection Policy in the context of our own responsibility at any time. The respectively current status is specified in the footer of this declaration. All changes are effective immediately upon publication of the revised Data Protection Policy and concern the entire access and the usage of this website.
12. References to external websites ("hyperlinks")
Furthermore, our website contains references ("hyperlinks") to third-party websites, which are naturally outside of our sphere of control. We are not responsible for these objects and information. According to § 7 (2) Telemedia Act, SIGNUS Medizintechnik GmbH is not obligated to constantly check the information referred to by the hyperlinks for changes, which would substantiate responsibility. The reference to this offer is only removed once SIGNUS Medizintechnik GmbH determines or is notified by others that a specific offer, for which SIGNUS Medizintechnik GmbH has provided a hyperlink, triggers civil or criminal liability (if technically possible and feasible). The technical possibility and feasibility is not affected by the fact that the illegal or criminal offer can be accessed from other servers also after the elimination of the access.
13. Contact us
Please contact us if you have questions regarding these rules applicable to data protection or the handling of your personal data.
© SIGNUS Medizintechnik GmbH, Alzenau 1994-2018, Deutschland. All rights reserved.